The most common questions I get from my clients
- Shower the morning of or the night before your spray tan with little to no product on skin-DO NOT USE DOVE PRODUCTS! Dove soap and Dove lotions leave a film on your skin that directly leads to a blotchy tan.
- Exfoliate the day before using an oil-free scrub. (can use a sugar+water mixture)
- Keep hydrated + your skin moisturized leading up to the day, but not the day of your appointment.
- Come to your appointment with bare skin (i.e: no lotions, oils, deodorant, perfumes, etc.)
- Manicure/pedicure completed before your appointment
- *Please bring loose, dark clothing and flip flops for after your spray tan (no yoga pants, sports bras)
- For rapid solutions you can shower at 2-4 hours, for regular solutions, you can shower at 8 hours or later.(we will discuss this at your appointment)
- For your first shower, just rinse with lukewarm water and no product. * it is normal to see the cosmetic bronzer wash off in the shower, your tan will continue to develop for up to 24 hours.
- Pat dry with your towel, do not rub to avoid patchy fading -Do not get wet, sweat, wear anything too tight/light in color and avoid skin on skin contact until after your first shower.
- After approximately 24 hours, begin to use a mild soap, tan extender and stay hydrated.-still no Dove products
- Avoid mineral oils.
- Avoid scrubbing/exfoliating(no loofahs)
- Use oil-free sunblock.
- If you must shave, be sure to use a new razor blade.